Starting in the 1990s, SPEQ LLC (SPEQ) staff, through previous employers, began investigating technologies that could be useful for examining the internals of sealed power plant spare parts non-destructively. Digital radiography provided a viable option for accomplishing this objective on simple components but was less effective for more complex items.
Digital Radiograph and CT Slices of MOV Motor
- Checked for generic condition of degraded rotor bars of in-tact MOV motor.
CT Slices Through Motor Bearing
- Checked bearing condition of in-tact MOV motor.
CT Evaluation of Sealed Pilot Valve
- Examined sealed valve to look for internal non-metallics which may have degraded.
- Avoided destructive exam of limited quantity inventory item that was no longer made.
CT Evaluation of Agastat Time Delay Relays
- Looking for potential causes of unreliable operation that may be lost on disassembly.