SPEQ CT Projects
Starting in the 1990s, SPEQ LLC (SPEQ) staff, through previous employers, began investigating technologies that could be useful for examining the internals of sealed power plant spare parts non-destructively. Digital radiography provided a viable option for accomplishing this objective on simple components but was less effective for more complex items.
Digital Radiograph and CT Slices of MOV Motor
- Checked for generic condition of degraded rotor bars of in-tact MOV motor.
CT Slices Through Motor Bearing
- Checked bearing condition of in-tact MOV motor.
CT Evaluation of Sealed Pilot Valve
- Examined sealed valve to look for internal non-metallics which may have degraded.
- Avoided destructive exam of limited quantity inventory item that was no longer made.
CT Evaluation of Agastat Time Delay Relays
- Looking for potential causes of unreliable operation that may be lost on disassembly.